TERMS & CONDITIONS
These are the terms & conditions of our agreement and apply to all purchases of products by you from Paul Stride via our web site and you should read them carefully. These terms may vary from time to time and you should check them before making new purchases.
You can submit an order for products to paulstride.co.uk by completing the details online and clicking the confirm order button. Please note a landline contact number is preferred to a mobile. If a mobile number is supplied then the order maybe subject to further credit checks, meaning in some cases the goods will not be sent. All prices are reflected in £ pounds sterling and include V.A.T (at the prevailing rate) providing the delivery location is within the UK. You may also order via telephone by calling 01904 674800.
2. ACCEPTANCE OF ORDER
We will notify you of our acceptance of your order by e/mail and in the event of any queries arising you will also receive a call from one of our advisors. We will call in the event of any problems relating to stock availability, payment, colour anomalies etc. Only credit and debit cards are accepted as payment via the website. However payment by cheque is acceptable for orders taken by phone or mail order. We are able to accept personal or business cheques but only on the understanding that no goods will be dispatched until the cheque has cleared through the banking system in full. Your order acknowledgement does not signify our acceptance of your order. We reserve the right to accept or decline your order at any time after receipt of your order for any reason. If your credit/debit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is cancelled, we shall immediately issue a credit to the credit/debit card used in the order for the amount charged. Please note that receipt of an order via our site does not constitute acceptance of an order.
We offer free delivery on orders over £75.00 and aim for this to take place within three working days. Orders under £75.00 will be subject to a handling/shipping charge of £5.00 (subject to stock availability). Selected items may take longer to deliver but you will advised if delivery will take more than 14 working days from order. Delivery prices quoted are for mainland (excluding Highlands) delivery only. For deliveries to Scottish Highlands and Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight or Eire please call or email for details. Goods will be delivered between 9.00am - 6.00pm Monday to Friday. If your goods do not arrive within three working days, e-mail or telephone us and we will contact the carrier. All parcels we send are insured at no extra cost. Please note we are able to send goods outside of the U.K by prior arrangement and the cost of delivery will be agreed with you prior to order confirmation and despatch. Please note goods cannot be sent to BFPO addresses or PO Box numbers. If the carriers attempt delivery and this is refused or you do not respond to a card left by the carrier the order will be returned. At this stage once you contact us we will refund the cost of goods, minus the cost of the return carriage. If you provide us with an incorrect delivery address and / or the goods are signed for by another party at the given address, www.paulstride.co.uk cannot be held responsible for any loss you incur as a result.
4. SECURE PAYMENT
We will charge your account for payment at the time your order is placed. The purchase area of our site is secure; this means that we use industry standard SSL technology to allow for the encryption of all sensitive information such as your name, address and especially your credit card details. Information passed between your computer and our website cannot be read in the event it is intercepted by someone else. All transactions are handled and processed by Sagepay (formerly known as Protx) and all card details are handled exclusively by themselves in conjunction with RMS merchant services (payment card processor). No card details are stored or able to be accessed by Paul Stride, its staff or its web hosting company.
5. RIGHT TO CANCEL
You have the right to cancel this agreement but this right ends 30 days after the date we deliver the products to you in accordance with the Consumer Rights Act 2015. Any amounts you have been charged will be repaid to you by way of credit to your account within 14 days. This refund will be processed back onto the same card or account that original payment was made. However we may have delivered or dispatched the products you have ordered. In this circumstance, you may return the products to us at your own expense; in most cases this will be most cost effective if arranged by yourself. For bulky items this can be arranged by one our advisors and will incur an uplift/ third party collection charge this will be deducted off any refund due to yourself. The charge for this collection is £20 per consignment upto a total gross weight of 10kg and then 30p per kilo above 10kg. For any goods returned you are advised to return the items using a signed for delivery means as the goods are your responsibility until delivered back to our address. We recommend that you return any goods in their original packaging to avoid any damage that may occur in transit (please note the goods remain your responsibility until they are returned to us). You have 30 days to exercise your right to cancel and 14days to return the goods from the day of cancellation. For any returns made within 7 days of goods being received, a full refund of the product and delivery costs shall be made back to your original payment method. For any returns made after 7 days only the product cost shall be eligible for a refund. No customer expenses may be claimed for as a reimbursement in order to return an unwanted item back to ourselves. If you wish to cancel please call us on 01904 674800 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note for hygiene reasons mattresses, nappies, bedding and feeding products and other items of a personal nature cannot be returned once opened unless faulty. Your statutory rights remain unaffected.
- WARRANTIES. The products which are sold via this web site have been manufactured to comply with statutory legal requirements and relevant safety standards of the (or the EU if no British Standard exists). All our products are covered by a manufacturer's warranty for 6 months for defects in manufacturing and or materials, in some cases manufacturers extend this warranty for a longer period if the goods are registered on their own websites. We would recommend you read fully your instruction manual for details of this service.
- FAULTY GOODS. In the case of faulty products, we shall need to have been notified of a faulty product within 30 days and you shall then have a further 14 days to return the faulty product to ourselves. We will repair and return the item as soon as possible (depending on availability of spare parts). If we are unable to repair, a replacement will be offered. If we are unable to replace we will refund your money, provided the instructions governing the use of the products have been followed and there has been no misuse. Any items being returned for refund must be returned complete including all accessories. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
- REPAIRS. If accidental damage occurs or the guarantee has expired a repair may be possible at a modest charge. We offer a repair service for most prams and pushchairs in our store if this is not possible we can arrange a manufacturers repair if required. Paul Stride aim to give their customers the best service possible. If an instance should arise where you wish to find out more information or have a query on any products please call our customer service department on 01904 674800 or e-mail email@example.com
If you have any complaints or comments about our web site, products or services please contact us on 01904 674800 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org You can also write to us at Paul Stride, 20 Kathryn Avenue, Monks Cross, Huntington, York. YO32 9JS.
To the best of our knowledge the product descriptions on this site are accurate and up-to-date, but due to product development, design and specification changes, these may vary from time to time. The images on our site are to assist with your selection and you may find slight variation in colour.
- PRIVACY. Paul Stride will not sell, transfer or give freely your personal information to any company or organization without your consent except to comply with laws or regulations of the government or other regulatory body, or to protect the rights of Paul Stride. We will not send you any unsolicited advertising material.
- CARSEATS. Due to car seat specifications and safety we advise customers to install and check that the car seat is compatible and fits the intended car. You are advised that most manufacturers do publish on their websites compatibility lists for car seats in differing makes and models of vehicle. However please note that these lists are for guidance only and you are responsible for the correct fitting of seats in your vehicle. Please check the compatibility of the seat into your car before unpacking the goods. If you purchase a seat online from us and would like us to check the fit instore please bring it along in your vehicle and we will be happy to check the installation for you free of charge.
8. WEEE Regulations
We are pleased to offer our customers the chance to recycle their old electrical items. If you purchase a new item of Electrical equipment from us we will take back your old item on a like for like basis (eg. if you buy a baby monitor from us we will take back your old monitor) We will then either dispose of the item in an environmentally friendly way or re-cycle the equipment. We do not charge for this facility we only ask that you return the item to us instore within 28 days of purchasing your new item.
To remind you that old electrical equipment can be recycled, it is now marked with a crossed-out wheeled bin symbol. Please do not throw any electrical equipment (including those marked with the crossed out wheeled bin symbol) in your bin.
What is WEEE?
The Waste Electrical or Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive requires countries to maximise separate collection and environmentally friendly processing of these items. In the UK, distributors (including retailers) must provide a system which allows all customers buying new electrical equipment the opportunity to recycle their old items free of charge. Those establishing their own take-back scheme must as a minimum offer all customers buying new electrical equipment free take back of their old electricals on a like-for-like basis.
Find more information on WEEE recycling, and locate your local recycling centre, at www.recyclenow.com